Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 48 Review: Riptide

From Goodreads:
Grace has one summer to prove she’s good enough

For Grace Parker, surfing is all about the ride and the moment. Everything else disappears. She can forget that her best friend, Ford Watson, has a crush on her that she can’t reciprocate. She can forget how badly she wants to get a surf scholarship to UC San Diego. She can forget the pressure of her parents’ impossibly high expectations.

When Ford enters Grace into a surf competition—the only way she can impress the UCSD surfing scouts—she has one summer to train and prepare. Will she gain everything she’s ever wanted or lose the only things that ever mattered?

My Review:
So one thing about this book that you don't get from the synopsis? That it's from Grace and Ford's POV. Which is a mixed bag for me, I mean, we want to know what he's thinking, but it was really hard to tell the difference between the 2 of them!

To be honest, Grace grated on me. She wasn't a particularity nice person, she was driven, which combined doesn't mean that she's a good person or not, it just means that I didn't really want to have her as the main character, or the love interest of the main character. I just didn't want to read about her!

I don't know anything about surfing beyond the few surfing books that I've read, and those have been few. So I don't know how accurate the information is, but the surfing scenes were pretty entertaining! I kinda wish the focus was a bit different, though!

Good ending, but again, more issues for me, because it's a YA with a dual romance. Of course that's going to mean issues with them getting together, but there was a lot of drama there that just didn't have to happen. So that ending was deserved!

Enjoyed this book, but it's not the best book I've read!

Author: Lindesy Schieibe
Read: November 26th, 2013
Source: Tuebl/NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a SAC 2013 Book and a DAC Book!
Publisher: Flux
Published: May 8th 2913
4.5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!