Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week 47 Review: Another Little Piece of My Heart

From Goodreads:
What if your devastating break-up became this summer's hit single? In this rock-and-roll retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion, music can either bring you together or tear you apart.

At her dying mother's request, Claire dumps Jared, the only boy she's ever loved. Left with a broken family and a broken heart, Claire is furious when she discovers that her biggest regret became Jared's big break. While Jared is catapulted into rock-star status, another piece of Claire's heart crumbles every time his song plays on the radio.

The summer after her senior year, it's been months since the big break-up, and Claire is just trying to keep her head down and make it through a tense trip to the beach with her family. But when Jared shows up, and old feelings reignite, can Claire and Jared let go of the past? Or will they be stuck singing the same old refrain?

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I wasn't really planning on it, it was a NetGalley ARC, but I just started reading it, and then pages wouldn't stop turning! I had to know what was going to happen next! It was a nice summer read, read in the cold winter months! Though I haven't read Persuasion, so I can't tell what parts of this book were based off it!

Claire and Jared had this relationship that easily translates to page, and to song, as evidenced in the book, because of why she broke up with him. Because he knows that her family didn't approve of how well off-or not-his family was. And that Claire was caught in the middle, I sympathized for her!

Their interactions during this summer, they were awkward, and so cute! I mean, we know that they are perfect together, but then there's the baggage to deal with, and the reluctance to do so, and the inability or unwillingness to see what's right in front of them!

I enjoyed the ending. They were tentative, but they were together, and that was good! Plus, her thing with music, her performing, that was just awesome! And how things ended with her family, that was just so good! I just love music, and books!

This was a really awesome book, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and I will read another Tracey Martin book willingly!

Author: Tracey Martin
Read: November 16th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Expected Publication: December 1st 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!