Monday, August 3, 2015

Written On My Heart: Review

From Goodreads:
It's been six months since Ashlyn Daniels was kicked out of her home. Six months since she stood up to her abusive stepfather and got a busted rib—and seeing all her things set ablaze in a backyard bonfire—for her trouble. Never going back. She doesn't need trouble...especially if trouble is tattoo artist Lane Garrett, who's six-feet-plus of tattooed hotness and a complete ass.

Lane has spent the last decade fighting to support his family. To protect them. There's no room for romance, even with a fragile (yet amusingly feisty) stunner...even if she somehow manages to invade his world and his heart.

But while some secrets are as visible as ink on the skin, others must remain hidden at all costs...

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! I've only read like, one other book by Cole Gibsen, but I want to read the rest of her books, so it was really great that I was able to read this book! So great, and just more incentive to read the others!

I knew from the synopsis that this would be a book that would push some of my buttons-a stepfather who would break a stepchild's bones, burn their stuff, and kick them out of the house? Definitely not fair. I like fair, and fixing things, and I can't, I just have to read as they fix things themselves!

The little details were the ones that really made this book special. I enjoyed reading about the dog that Ashlyn rescued, even though she didn't have the best (or really any) living accommodations, she still cared for the dog, which spoke to what kind of person she was.

Really enjoyed the ending, and how things came together, which I know I write a lot, but it's true in a lot of books that I read, that things that were brought up in the book, were wrapped up in the book, talking only about stand alones. This book did that, and the way that it did that, was just awesome!

Yeah, I really enjoyed reading Ashlyn and Lane's story, it was really fantastic!

Author: Cole Gibsen
Read: August 2nd, 2015
Source: YA Bound Review Copy
Reason Why: Really enjoyed her other books, and it's a SAC 2015 Book!
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC
Published: July 28th 2015
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
5/5 Stars
Bio:
I love writing, day-old chinese food, and my nail polish is always chipped. My YA novel, KATANA, will be released, spring 2012 by Flux. You can check out my website at www.colegibsen.com Word to your mother. (But seriously, you should call her. She worries.)

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!