Friday, July 28, 2017

First Lines Friday #324, July 28th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

"As Diane Lindquist touched up her lipstick, fluffed her bangs, and dabbed Allure by Chanel under each earlobe, she smelled urine. Behind her, her brother, Daniel, lay in his hospital bed, the wisps of his thinning blond hair neatly combed, nasal cannula hissing oxygen through his swollen nose into his wasted lungs." -Twilight Fall by Lynn Viehl

That is a very odd juxtaposition, touch ups and hospital beds! Wonder what's going on, and can't wait to find out! What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!