Saturday, July 15, 2017

Week 28 Review: My Life as a White Trash Zombie

From Goodreads:
Angel Crawford is a loser.

Living with her alcoholic deadbeat dad in the swamps of southern Louisiana, she's a high school dropout with a pill habit and a criminal record who's been fired from more crap jobs than she can count. Now on probation for a felony, it seems that Angel will never pull herself out of the downward spiral her life has taken.

That is, until the day she wakes up in the ER after overdosing on painkillers. Angel remembers being in an horrible car crash, but she doesn't have a mark on her. To add to the weirdness, she receives an anonymous letter telling her there's a job waiting for her at the parish morgue—and that it's an offer she doesn't dare refuse.

Before she knows it she's dealing with a huge crush on a certain hunky deputy and a brand new addiction: an overpowering craving for brains. Plus, her morgue is filling up with the victims of a serial killer who decapitates his prey—just when she's hungriest!

Angel's going to have to grow up fast if she wants to keep this job and stay in one piece. Because if she doesn't, she's dead meat.

Literally. 

My Review:
Yeah, it was so great to read this book! I love her Kara Gillian series, so I was really anticipating this series! I didn't like it quite as much, but that'd be hard to do! This book was really great and interesting, and I can't wait to see where it goes!

Angel was a fantastic character! Her life has basically been a series of poor choices and she doesn't really have a way of changing that. Until she wakes up in the hospital and things will  never be the same for her!

This world of zombies was really well crafted, and I enjoyed learning about how it worked! Zombies is pretty high on the "been done" list of supernatural creatures in fiction, and I loved Diana Rowland's take on them!

The mysteries in this book were awesome! Like, what happened to her-how did she become a zombie? Who was killing these other zombies? They were so interesting, and I enjoyed watching them be solved!

This was a really great book, and yeah, I can't wait to read more!

Author: Diana Rowland
Series: White Trash Zombie #1
Read: July 12th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: I've enjoyed her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Daw Books
Published: July 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I can't see your review? I loved this too and you reminded to get back to the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! I'm a bit behind on my reviews and such, so it's not quite written yet! And yeah, because it's a great series! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!