Saturday, July 1, 2017

Week 26 Review: Full Moons and Mistletoe

From Goodreads:
One Alpha Wolf
One Single Mom
And a Christmas neither will ever forget…

Single mom Alexandra will do anything for her son Langdon even if it means hunting down his wolf shifter father who doesn't know the boy exists. With each full moon Langdon comes closer to shifting, and Alexandra knows she's running out of time.

Ryder is the Alpha of his pack and out of his mind longing for his mate who slipped away from him before he could claim her. When Alexandra and Langdon appear in Ryder's life, he'll stop at nothing to protect them and keep his family by his side.

My Review:
This book was so sweet! I mean, I've really enjoyed Alyssa Ivy Rose's books before, but this one is a rare stand alone as far as I've found, and it's shorter than her other works. And yeah, this was a really nice Christmastime story that I thoroughly enjoyed!

Alex has some self-confidence issues. Most of us do, but they're a problem for Ryder, because she's his mate, and she's perfect for him. So that was something that they both had to work on, as well as whether they'd get back together. There was a lot of back and forth that was delicious to read!

While this book was on the shorter end, we did get to know these characters, a bunch about this world. A world, that I would love if it would be expanded, because I just enjoyed it so much! I'm pretty sure that it's not in the big world  that joins the majority of her series.

My one complaint, is that they solved the outside conflict-his uncle kidnapping their child-a little too quickly. He'd built his uncle to have this hard-to-breach fortress, but then they don't even have to make it there. They fight, he kills his uncle, it's over. It was a little too short for my tastes! I wouldn't want the rest of the book to be longer, I really enjoyed the rest of it, I just wish that this part could've been lengthened!

Otherwise, this book was absolutely fantastic, and I really need to read more Alyssa Ivy Rose books!

Author: Alyssa Ivy Rose
Read: June 26th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it sounded really good! And it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: Smashwords
Published: November 21st 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!