Saturday, July 1, 2017

Week 26 Review: Lover's Knot

From Goodreads:
One of the most powerful vampires alive has gone missing, which is fine with Dorina Basarab. As a dhampir, a half human, half vampire hybrid, her job is killing vampires, not saving them. But then the man sent to find the missing vampire also goes missing, and he happens to be her lover, Louis-Cesare. She therefore finds herself on a rescue mission with an old enemy, while forgotten memories from deep in her past play out in her head. What are they trying to tell her? And can she figure it out before it's too late?

My Review:
Oh, man, this was an excellent novella! So amazing, and I loved seeing these two, it's been awhile since Fury's Kiss, and I don't know when the 4th book will come out. I really want it, but in the meantime, it was great to have this story!

It was a bit confusing, since at first, Dory didn't know what was going on, at the townhouse But then there was another story going alongside it, of when Mircea was in Venice with Dory. There was a lot going on in these 130 odd pages of story!

Both parts of this story were both really important and really interesting to read! I honestly don't know which one I liked more, they were both captivating to read! They both had their highs and their lows, but that worked with the story!

I really enjoyed how things all came together! I mean, an adventure in Paris with something going on in Venice (about 500 years apart!) even if they have daughter-father connecting them, that wasn't quite enough. What they were both facing...yeah. Loved reading about that and it's conclusion on both ends!

A really fantastic novella, and I can't wait for more Karen Chance books!

Author: Karen Chance
Series: Dorina Basarab #3.5
Read: June 30th, 2017
Source: Free
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series so much! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Karen Chance
Published: June 27th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!