Saturday, July 22, 2017

Week 29 Reviews: Night Lost, Evermore


From Goodreads:
Abandoned by his fellow Darkyn, Gabriel Seran is in continual torment as a prisoner of the religious zealots known as the Brethren. His only hope for rescue lies in Nicola Jefferson, a thief seeking a holy relic-and connected to Gabriel in more ways than she can possibly imagine...

From Goodreads:
The NEW YORK TIMES AND USA Today bestselling Darkyn series continues...

Jayr is proud to be the only female ever permitted to serve as seneschal to a Darkyn lord. But in her centuries of service to Master Byrne, she has fallen in love with him. Now, Byrne plans to step down and hand over the Jardin to another Kyn lord-a move that threatens not only Jayr's position, but her very life...

My Review:
Oh, yeah, more books in this series! I really enjoyed reading them, I think these two couples are some of my favourites, after Alexandra and Michael! It was so great to watch the first fall in love, and the second realize that the other felt the same way as they did.

It's been awhile since I last read these books, about 6 or so years, though I'm thinking either I messed up with the timelines or I didn't blog about them but I did the first book in the series. I make weird decisions. But anyways, I'd forgotten the big moments of these books, the inside mad within the Brotherhood, or who the big bad was and his reasoning! 

Both couples had obstacles to face. Like, Gabriel was captured and tortured, and Nicola had to rescue him. And Jayr was sworn to Byrne, and they have a complicated history! Plus, bad guys abound! But I loved watching them work things out!

They had to fight for their happy endings, and at the same time, there were other plotlines going on, like Alexandra being held for her medical knowledge and skills. There's continuity in this series, and I just love reading each book!

Yeah, I just loved reading these books, they were just incredible!

Author: Lynn Viehl
Series: Darklyn #4, 5
First Read: April 2011
Read: July 20th, 20th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading! Really enjoying this series and her writing again! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Books!
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Published: May 1st 2007, January 2nd 2008

Night Lost:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Evermore:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!