Saturday, September 2, 2017

Week 35 Reviews: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


From Goodreads:
Harry Potter is due to start his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. His best friends Ron and Hermione have been very secretive all summer and he is desperate to get back to school and find out what has been going on. However, what Harry discovers is far more devastating than he could ever have expected...

From Goodreads:
It is the middle of the summer, but there is an unseasonal mist pressing against the windowpanes. Harry Potter is waiting nervously in his bedroom at the Dursleys' house in Privet Drive for a visit from Professor Dumbledore himself. One of the last times he saw the Headmaster was in a fierce one-to-one duel with Lord Voldemort, and Harry can't quite believe that Professor Dumbledore will actually appear at the Dursleys' of all places. Why is the Professor coming to visit him now? What is it that cannot wait until Harry returns to Hogwarts in a few weeks' time? Harry's sixth year at Hogwarts has already got off to an unusual start, as the worlds of Muggle and magic start to intertwine...

My Review:
Yeah, reading these books were just fantastic! I mean, Order of the Phoenix, that was the first one, I think, that I read right after they were published. My mom would read the books in the car, or at home, while me and my brother would listen and sometimes rub her feet. This time, it was just me. So that was different, but good!

Order of the Phoenix is, I think, the longest book in the series. It also has the most aggravating character in this series-Dolores Umbridge. I mean, before her, that title went collectively to the Dursleys. But what she does to Harry, and to Hogwarts, because she's with the Ministry's stance that Voldemort isn't back...yeah, pretty horrible!

It's funny, the things that I remember, and what I don't. Like I totally forgot that Harry was banned from Quidditch, but I remembered that the twin's first spectacle was fireworks. And that the Order was guarding a door in the Ministry, I remembered that but not Arthur Weasley's attack. Weird!

Half-Blood Prince is the only book with significant Dumbledore time. Because he has his private lessons about Voldemort and leading up to the horcruxes. Which are pretty horrible when you think about them! First that they require a murder to do, and that they split the soul. Urgh!

Such fantastic books, and I can't wait to finish off this series again!

Author: J.K. Rowling
Series: Harry Potter #5, 6
First Reads: 2005, 2005
Read: September 1st, 1st, 2017
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Books!
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
Published: June 21st 2003, July 16th 2005

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!