Saturday, September 16, 2017

Week 37 Review: Ten

From Goodreads:
SHHHH!
Don't spread the word!
Three-day weekend. House party.
White Rock House on Henry Island.
You do NOT want to miss it.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school's most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn't scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?


My first review of Ten
My Review:
Oh, yeah, this book was so great! I loved reading it the first time, and I had to read it again, because hey, the movie is coming out, and I want to watch it, but it had been such a long time since I read this book. So obviously, I had to read it again!

Even knowing who the bad guy was, and the reason why, the mystery was just so great to read! Meg was a fantastic character, and I loved her relationships that she had with the other people in the house, Minnie wher best friend with issues, and T.J., who both she and Minnie have a crush on, but he asked Megan to the dance...yeah.

This book takes place over the course of not even a full weekend. So the pace is very quick, going from scare to death, to clues and chills. There were brief moments of rest, to catch your breath, before off it would go again, which was great for both us readers and for the characters!

I just wrote the first line of the 2nd paragraph without looking at it, but the thought is carried on here. We knew who he was, but the red herrings, well, the big one, was really convincing! The first time I read this book, I was convinced! And I can see why Megan believed it!

Such a great book, and I can't wait to watch the movie and read more amazing Gretchen McNeil books!

Author: Gretchen McNeil
First Read: October 15th, 2012
Read: September 14th 2017
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: September 18th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!