Saturday, September 30, 2017

Week 39 Review: Lover Avenged

From Goodreads:
Caldwell, NY, has long been the battleground for the battleground for the vampires and their enemies, the Lessening Society. It's also where Rehvenge has staked out his turf as a drug lord and notorious nightclub that caters to the rich and heavily armed. His shadowy reputation is exactly why he's approached to kill Wrath, the Blind King, and leader of the Brotherhood. 

Rehvenge has always kept his distance from the Brotherhood, even though his sister is married to a member. Because he's a sympath, his identity is a deadly secret- the revelation of which will result in his banishment to a colony for sociopaths. And as plots within and outside the Brotherhood take their toll against Rehvenge, he turns to the only source of light in a darkening world- Elhena, a vampire untouched by the corruption that has its hold on him- and the only thing standing between him and eternal destruction. 

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book! It wasn't my favourite, it did take me awhile to get around to reading it, and then to actually get into it. I still enjoyed it, I just had a few more complaints than in previous books. Not stop reading the series complaints, though!

In this book, a number of things happened. Rehv and Elhena's relationship is one, but it wasn't really a focus, there were so many other things going on. Like Wrath went blind. I felt that we didn't really get to know Elhena really, which is too bad. That ending was a bit rushed, and things like his health and being a sympath vs. being a bonded vampire, those changes didn't get the attention they deserved, I still have questions!

John and Xhex's relationship has some pretty significant moments in this book, which is great, given that the next book is their story. Wrath had to deal with some pretty big changes, and accepted being King fully, instead of resenting it. Oh, and Tohr woke up! A bit too late for John, but he did it!

One thing that I'm kinda getting annoyed about, is the language choices. Not swear words, but like puss for face. Seriously, people don't talk that way, or think that way. Except in these books. Bah! There's also a lot of focus on what they wear, at least, the brand names. These books are very long and these details, they don't add anything to the story!

Yeah, I really enjoyed this book, and now I really need to read more of this series!

Author: J.R. Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #7
Read: September 29th, 2017
Source: Bought, Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Really enjoying this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Signet
Published: November 24th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!