Saturday, November 5, 2011

Week 44 Review: Tempest

From Goodreads:
The year is 2009.  Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he's in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it's not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it's just harmless fun.

That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he's stuck in 2007 and can't get back to the future.

Desperate to somehow return to 2009 to save Holly but unable to return to his rightful year, Jackson settles into 2007 and learns what he can about his abilities.

But it's not long before the people who shot Holly in 2009 come looking for Jackson in the past, and these "Enemies of Time" will stop at nothing to recruit this powerful young time-traveler.  Recruit… or kill him.

Piecing together the clues about his father, the Enemies of Time, and himself, Jackson must decide how far he's willing to go to save Holly… and possibly the entire world.



My Review:
There's a lot of "what will happen next" in this book, that I loved. Which goes along well with "what time will this happen next in?" which is a pretty important question, because sometimes the past can be changed, which changes the future, and that really can't be all that good. This was just a great book!

All the time travel, I really enjoyed it, Jackson's little hops, and his major ones, and some other peoples adventures. I'm hoping that there'll be a bit more explanation in the how of the jumping in later books, because that'd be interesting, and I would just like to know, since my mind is like that.

The romance between Jackson and  Holly is spectacular, and I found it very funny in the 2007 part, where he is trying to befriend/be-date Holly, knowing her, having been dating her in 2009, but having not met her yet in 2007, his interactions with her because of that, well, just really funny!

This was an excellent book, so I hope you guys check it out when it comes out!

Author: Julie Cross
Series: Tempest #1
Read: November 5th, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book! If I'd read it later, in 2012, it could've been a debut author challenge book, but oh, well!
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Expected Publication: January 3rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!