Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 47 Review: Hades

From Goodreads:
Heaven Help Her.

Bethany Church is an angel sent to Earth to keep dark forces at bay. Falling in love was never part of her mission, but the bond between Beth and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier Woods, is undeniably strong. But even Xavier's love, and the care of her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can't keep Beth from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, the demon Jake Thorn bargains for Beth's release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly, her loved ones, as well. 



My Review:
I loved Halo. It was great, and this doesn't meant that I didn't like Hades. I did. It added to the series, and to the plot, and overall made the story better, how the events in each book impact each other, like a chain of dominoes. And how it set up for Heaven. Especially the very ending. That was excellent! Such a cliffhanger, what's going to happen next!

Loved how it was in Hell, and how it was more high stakes then in Halo, and how there was less introductions, and less peace, and how it was just more. It was a great sequel that set up for a great final book, which I assume that Heaven is the last book.

Beth grew in this book. She was innocent in Halo, and she was mostly the same at the beginning of this book, but a bit more experienced. But she navigated Hell without dying, which is quite a feat for an angel. She had some tough decisions to make, though one of the worst was pulled from her in the ending with the death of a certain character whom I'm not going to name.

This was an excellent book, hope you guys check it out!

Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Series: Halo #2
Read: November 25th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved Halo, couldn't wait for more!
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Published: August 29th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!