Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 47 Review: Raven

From Goodreads:
She wants him....

Zin dances with fire in every step; speaks with a honey sweet voice; and sees with eyes that can peer into your soul. Nicole's friendship with him is the only thing that saves her from the boredom of school and the turmoil of her family life. It's no wonder why Nicole is madly in love with him. But she can't understand why he keeps her at a distance, even though she can feel his soul reaching out for hers.
Zin is like no man Nicole has ever met, and he carries with him a very old secret. When Nicole uncovers the truth, her love may be the only thing that can save him from it.
My Review:
I enjoyed most of this book. It was really good, but some of the reactions weren't as strong as I'd expect them to be. Simply because of the characters, I guess, but I would've preferred more emotion, more time apart then what actually happened.

Really enjoyed the story, and the myth, and how long they've been living. That was a lot of fun, and interesting, and a unique spin on vampires. And how that brought the ending of the book, I really enjoyed that, it was good to read that, because it was different, fun, and it added depth.

I enjoyed their relationship, and how Zin fought against it for her sake, because of how different they were. It was her reactions to how they were different that I didn't like, because I wanted a full freak out, but Nicole wasn't like that. It just would've been more fun if she was.

This was a pretty good book, so I hope you guys check this out if you can!

Author: Allison Van Diepen
Read: November 22nd-23rd, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good when I was browsing the shelves
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: February 10th 2009
4/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!