Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 47 Review: Ruby Red

From Goodreads:
Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!

Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.

My Review:
This was an awesome time travel novel! Loved it! And I wish that the other 2 books in the series would be translated and published already! It was so short, and I really want to read more!!!

I didn't like Gideon at first, because he wasn't really nice, and I'm not sure if I should, from the description of book 2. But at the ending, he was pretty nice. Caring. Yell-ey. But like 2 crazy puzzle pieces fitting together. It made sense.

The time travelling, I didn't like the one guy, because he was mean. She was new to the whole thing, and he was strangling her! That was totally unfair, and I really didn't like him.

This was just a great book, and I just can't wait for more!

Author: Kerstin Gier
Series: Ruby Red #1
Read: November 25th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Looked interesting on the shelves, seen it around ,wanted to read it, so got it.
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co
Published: May 10th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!