Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 31 Review: Princess For Hire

From Goodreads:
When Desi Bascomb gets discovered by the elite Facade Agency–royalty surrogates extraordinaire–her life goes from glamour-starved to spectacular in a blink. As her new agent, Meredith, explains, Desi has a rare magical ability: when she applies the ancient Egyptian formula "Royal Rouge," she can transform temporarily into the exact lookalike of any princess who needs her subbing services. Dream come true, right?

Well, Desi soon discovers that subbing involves a lot more than wearing a tiara and waving at cameras. Like, what do you do when a bullying older sister puts you on a heinous crash diet? Or when the tribal villagers gather to watch you perform a ceremonial dance you don't know? Or when a princess's conflicted sweetheart shows up to break things off–and you know she would want you to change his mind?

My Review:
Oh, this was a really great book! I enjoyed it so much, and yeah, it was really unique! I just love that about books, it makes them memorable, and with my horrible memory and how many books I read, well, memorable books are a plus!

The idea of royal rouge, of the magic to make one girl look like another for royalty, well, one one had, sounds really great. But why is it just royalty, or the people who can pay for it, well, yeah, that's annoying. But Desi had some pretty awesome adventures! And there's more to come!

Loved how her mentor lady and her magic worked, that was just fantastic, and funny and great! I loved it, the bubble transport thing, and all that! So cool and just made the world so awesome, and fun to read about!

This is the start of the series, so things are going to get darker and darker from now on, I'm betting, because that's what series usually do, because the conflicts and tensions rise, which just makes things really fantastic! More fun to read!

This was a really great book, I enjoyed it a lot, and I want to read more!

Author: Lindsey Leavitt
Series: Princess For Hire #1
Read: July 29th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a really funny book! And it's a Reward challenge book!
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Published: March 16th 2010
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!