Friday, August 24, 2012

The Viking's Witch: Review

From Goodreads:
Scotland, 803 A.D.

About to be burned at the stake by her fellow villagers, Odaria does what any betrayed witch facing certain death would do. She calls down a curse. Within seconds, rampaging Norsemen raid the village, capturing everyone except her.

But her reprieve is short-lived, and Odaria lands in the clutches of the Norse leader Rothgar. Can she remain true to herself and fight her growing attraction to this domineering man, or will she fall under his influence and be used for his ambitions?

After Rothgar witnesses Odaria's powers firsthand, he strikes a bargain with her. The raven-haired beauty will use her magical abilities to help him with his quest in exchange for safe passage off the isle. But can this cunning woman be trusted, or is she using him to exact vengeance on her village?

Together they must fight bloodthirsty villagers, battle a mutinous band of Norsemen, find a missing Norse ship, and learn to trust each other . . . before time is up.

My Review:
This was a really, really, really good book! Really enjoyed reading it, just sped right through it, even though I had planned on reading it the next day (which is making me really glad that I read it when I did, because yesterday was really, really, really busy and I might not have gotten a chance to read it) and yeah, the pages just kept going by, because the words on them compelled me to take them in and appreciate them!! And I did, because this was just the best!

The conflict in this book starts off right away with Odaria about to be burned alive for being a witch. After reading it, the leader guy, who is important to the book, should've been burned instead for being a male B with an itch, which, is honestly worse then a Witch because it's people being mean. And cruel. And in his case, a big fat liar and a semi-competent manipulator.

Odaria and Rothgar, they were, from an outsider's perspective, really funny together, they kept riling each other up, accidentally, of course, but that caused some really major arguments, which really spiced the novel up, with that fear, angry, and lust just piling into one big ball of emotions, and then being dropped in a pot till the heat set off explosions. Yep.

The Viking's Witch was a really good book, a fantastic read with wonderful characters, so you guys really should check it out, and the best thing is that it's a great length of 270 or so pages! Read it!!!

Author: Kelli A. Wilikins
Read: August 22nd, 2012
Source: Innovative Online Book Tours Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded like a great, great book!
Publisher: Medallion Press
Published: August 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars



Bio:
Kelli Wilkins writes in several genres, including romance, horror, and non-fiction. She is the author of several spicy romance novellas published by Amber Quill Press and a historical romance published by Medallion Press. Kelli invites readers to visit her website www.KelliWilkins.com to read excerpts from her books, reviews, interviews, and to catch up on her latest publishing news via her newsletter, Kelli’s Quill.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:

Stops on the Tour:
8/20 Book Lovin' Mamas Spot Light 
8/21 My Cozie Corner Review 
8/21 Close Encounters with the Night Kind Review and Giveaway 
8/22 Sapphyria's Book Reviews Spot Light 
8/22 Always a Booklover Spot Light and Review 
8/23 T B R Review 
8/24 Journey with Words Spot Light 
8/24 Judith Leger Spot Light 
8/24 Words I Write Crazy Review

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I didn't see the reiew posted. Any idea when it will be up??
    Kelli A. Wilkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, about 10 minutes while I make the post since I spaced on it because of my first move to an apartment. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great review! Glad you liked the book. I'll be sharing an inside look at the book on my blog in the next 2 weeks. The link is: http://kelliwilkinsauthor.blogspot.com/

    Can you post the review on Amazon when you get a chance?
    Thanks!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!