Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 31 Review: Wings of the Wicked

From Goodreads:
Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven's warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell's strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She's been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian's new plan to destroy Ellie's soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian's schemes, the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She'll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.

My Review:
Wow, I really wanted to read this book because Angelfire was so good, but this book just stood tall, and just dominated my mind! So much happens, and ideas that I'd had in Angelfire turned out, like about Ellie's dad, I kinda guessed that, and yeah, it was just so great to read!

You have to feel bad for Ellie. She was just an ordinary girl, and then all this angel stuff was plopped into her lap. Stuff that's hard to deal with, a heavy burden to bear, but also takes a toll on her life before all this happened. Which sucks.

Oh, and then there's Will, who she loves, but can't wait, seeing as their roles, with her being the Preliator and all. Forbidden love, I really love to hate that it's forbidden, if it's done right, because I'm rooting for the characters. It was done right in this book!

This book was Angelfire times 2, the characters, world, plot and action were just more in this book (which leads me to hope that Shadows in the Silence will be even better then this book!) and with that ending, oh, man, I just want more!

This book was fantastic, and I want more. That's about all I have to say!

Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Series: Angelfire #2
Read: August 3rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I loved Angelfire, and it's a LLFL Book and a Sophomore Reading Challenge book!
Publisher: HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen Books
Published: January 31st 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!