Saturday, August 4, 2012

Week 31 Review: Zombies Vs. Unicorns

From Goodreads:
It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths--for good and evil--of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies. Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?

My Review:
I think my team is very small, almost to the point of non-existence. And probably a bit unpopular. But I'm Team Both. I mean, both Zombies and Unicorns are pretty awesome! This is just what I love about YA-the variety! Why would I want to narrow it down by thinking one is better then the other?

So Holly Black led the team for unicorns, with authors like Diana Peterfreund and Meg Cabot, who are both really awesome YA authors! These unicorn stories were diverse, and interesting, with a lot of different takes, it was pretty incredible to read those takes!

And then Justine Larbalester led the team for zombies, and the authors on her team that stand out for him are Cassandra Clare and Scott Westerfeld, who are also some really incredible talents in the YA world! The zombie stories, they had a variety of tones, from thriller to romance, and the range was just so good!

I don't really know why there is a competition, to be honest,. Both creatures have their strengths and weaknesses, and I think the story that would've been the best, would be the one that had both zombies and unicorns. Because, duh, double the awesome!

Loved this anthology, it was a lot of fun, and had a great theme! Really great!

Authors: Alaya Dawn Johnson, Maureen Johnson, Carrie Ryan, Scott Westerfeld, Meg Cabot, Garth Nix, Kathleen Duey, Margo Lanagan, Naomi Novik, Diana Peterfreund, Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare
Read: August 2nd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Looked interesting, and it's a A-Z Book Challenge book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: September 21st 2010
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!