Saturday, July 20, 2019

Week 29 Review: Pretty Fierce

From Goodreads:
Kaia has been on the run her whole life. The daughter of professional assassins, she knows true danger—and she'll do anything to survive. After her parents vanished during a job gone bad, Kaia's spent the last year in hiding, trying to blend in as an ordinary teenager, and there’s no one who makes her feel more normal or more special than her boyfriend, Oliver.

But when she's jumped by a hit man, and Oliver catches her fighting back, Kaia's secret is exposed. In a split-second decision, she flees the small town, taking Oliver with her. With professional killers stalking their every move, can Oliver and Kaia protect each other long enough to uncover the mysteries of her past?

My Review:
Oh, it was so great to read this book! I really enjoy Kieran Scott's writing, and this book sounded like a pretty intense kind of thriller mystery, and it totally was! Such a joy to read! I enjoyed this story of a kid who's the daughter of assassins and dealing with people trying to find her parents, trying to use her against her parents. It was so freaking great!

I really enjoyed the way that this story was told, we had piece after piece of the scene when Kaia lost her parents 18 months ago, in between scenes of the present. I wanted to know what was going to happen next, so I had to keep reading, and reading quickly!

Really enjoyed her and Oliver's relationship. And it's tested in this book, because she lied about her parents. And that he didn't tell her about his home life. Oh, and that she didn't want him to come along, because yeah, the situation was dangerous and he wasn't really prepared for it. They were a really great couple!

Oh, that ending! I mean, we had an idea that something was not as it was presented, that at least one of her parents was alive. But man, that ending was just incredible! Loved the reveals, loved the action, and yeah, I'm glad that the bad guy was taken down, because boy was he awful and dangerous!

Loved this book, it was a really fantastic read!

Author: Kieran Scott
Read: July 19th, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing so much! And it's a SAC 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: April 4th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!