Saturday, July 20, 2019

Week 29 Review: This Lie Will Kill You

From Goodreads:
Tell the truth. Or face the consequences.

Clue meets Riverdale in this page-turning thriller that exposes the lies five teens tell about a deadly night one year ago.

One year ago, there was a party.
At the party, someone died.
Five teens each played a part and up until now, no one has told the truth.

But tonight, the five survivors arrive at an isolated mansion in the hills, expecting to compete in a contest with a $50,000 grand prize. Of course…some things are too good to be true.

Now, they realize they've been lured together by a person bent on revenge, a person who will stop at nothing to uncover what actually happened on that deadly night, one year ago.

Five arrived, but not all can leave. Will the truth set them free?
Or will their lies destroy them all? 

My Review:
Wow, I loved reading this book! It was so fast paced and I couldn't put it down-it took me about 3 hours to read it. I just devoured it! I wanted to know what the mystery was going to be that they were going to solve, wanted to know how it was designed to mess them up.

One comment was that it was a night of fire and porcelain. That it very true, from the fire that Shane died in to the threat of flames at the house. And Doll Face, and the various porcelain dolls that were scattered in the story. There were other things, but those two things kinda encompass this book.

I enjoyed how we alternated between the different characters. Perspective is pretty important, and the way Ruby though of her previous relationship with Parker and how he viewed it. Yeah, Parker was kinda pretty awful, and as we learned how truly gross he was, well, I enjoyed how things ended!

We were set up to think one way, and I kinda knew that we were deliberately lead to think that way, but I didn't consider the implications, so that twist was shocking yet made total sense! Just an excellent sign in a book!

This book was so fantastic and such a great read! Loved it!

Author: Chelsea Pitcher
Read: July 13th, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I enjoy her writing and it sounded good, and it's a SAC 2019 Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: December 11th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!