Saturday, July 27, 2019

Week 30 Review: Tamiko and the Two Janitors

From Goodreads:
In doing her part for world peace, she puts one crosser's whole world at risk. 

Conspiracy theories, werewolf scares, and protest rallies have hampered the peace process in America, where social and political unrest keep most Amaranthine from declaring themselves. Those not in seclusion rely heavily on illusion to mask their true nature.

As the newly appointed principal of a small elementary school, Tamiko Reaverson is doing her part for world peace. She rallies her community's support and applies for Hisoka Twineshaft's school revitalization project, which will bring Amaranthine to her hometown. Little does Tami realize that Fletching was founded by one of the oldest and largest urban enclaves in the United States. And two of her staunchest supporters—janitors at her school—share a secret neither wants exposed. 

My Review:
Wow, I loved reading this book so much! I loved exploring another part of this world, since it's the first time that we've been in the US in this series, well, the main series. I haven't read the spin off series of novellas yet. But I want to!

Between the title and the synopsis, I had a question. If there's two janitors, why is there only one crosser who could be exposed? We get the answer to that question, and yeah, it's a kinda of endearing one, with the friendship between the two of them.

A big part of this book was the fact that Tamiko is a tree kin, and that her family are unregistered Reavers, and that their community is coming another enclave, a safe space. That was pretty interesting to read! There were also all the relationships, and I loved seeing all those connections between the 3 different couples! Oh, and seeing some familiar faces, as well!

There's also an update with Tamiko's brother, because the shields he was under, they're the same marking as the one that enslaved Argent. So that's another thread to pull. As well, how Tamiko is tree kin, well, we were told the story in Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal. We're learning more about this world, and it's just getting better and better!

Such a great read, loved it so much, and I can't wait for the next book!

Author: Forthright
Series: Amaranthine Saga #3
Read: July 24th, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: I love this series so much! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Twinkle Press
Published: July 22nd 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!