Saturday, October 19, 2013

Week 42 Review: Living With the Dead

From Goodreads:
The men and women of the Otherworld – witches, werewolves, demons, vampires – live unseen among us. Only now a reckless killer has torn down the wall, trapping one very human woman in the supernatural crossfire.

Robyn moved to LA after her husband died to try to put some distance between herself and the life they had together. And the challenges of her job as the PR consultant to a Paris Hilton wannabe are pretty distracting. But then her celebutante is gunned down in a night club, and Robyn is suddenly the prime suspect. The two people most determined to clear her are her old friend, the half-demon tabloid reporter Hope Adams, and a homicide detective with an uncanny affinity for the dead.

Soon Robyn finds herself in the heart of a world she never even knew existed – and which she was safer knowing nothing about . . .

My Review:
Honestly, I was going to skip parts of this book. I mean, it's mainly narrated by Robyn, who isn't a supernatural, she's just connected to a few. But this book, and this story, just sucked me in, and I just had to keep reading more!

So Robyn has the worst luck. First, when her client is murdered, when she runs to try and find the bad guy, people label that as her being the bad guy and running away. Then when she tries to go to the cops, the bad guys kill her. So yeah, that was not fun at all! But it was funny to read! Not the deaths, but all the bad luck that Robyn is experiencing.

In my Goodreads review, I mention that this is the 2nd best book in the series, and the 12 are the #1 book in the series. Mostly because that it's in 3rd person POV, so we weren't able to connect to Robyn as much as other characters, and then the various POV changes.

That ending? With the clairvoyants, and that the camp was working with the Cabal already, that was just sad. And the deaths, and yeah, I believe the one boy's dad's going to be pretty important later on, and yeah, that Robyn's husband was Finn's ghost helper, yeah. And we got to see Hope and Karl! So good!

I enjoyed this book a lot, really enjoyable, and I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Kelley Armstrong
Series: Women of the Otherworld #9
Read: October 18th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Vintage Canada
Published: January 1st 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!