Saturday, October 26, 2013

Week 43 Reviews: Unveiled, Fireblood


From Goodreads:
Amongst the wasteland lies the gleaming city of Karm. A Camelot-esque utopia built from the ashes of a dying world. 

Seventeen-year-old Fallon is no daughter of Karm. 

She's its assassin. 

Raised by a secret society of rebels, she's bent on bringing down the king's sham of an existence. But her first mark, one of the king's top knights of the Force, makes her question everything. Even her heart.

From Goodreads: 
To save a kingdom, Zara must choose between a prince who could be the answer and a rising rebellion that threatens to take control.

When Zara Dane is chosen to marry Prince Sebastian Hart, son of the man who ordered her father’s capture, Zara knows she must fight to save everything she loves from ruin. 

Being betrothed to the prince means a life trapped behind the towering stone walls of the Camelot-forged realm. Under the watchful eye of the prince's first knight, Sir Devlan Capra, changing her future becomes difficult. 

When an unlikely rebel reveals the truth about the deadly secrets that fuel King Hart’s twisted world, Zara’s path to rescue her father becomes clouded by deception. The Rebels clear her path by forcing Zara’s hand with an ultimatum: sway Prince Sebastian to join the Rebels, convincing him of his father’s evil nature, or they will take him out. 

But Zara is uncertain about a future under the Rebels’ command and where the prince’s heart truly lies. She must decide who to trust, what to believe, and what she’s truly fighting for before the king destroys all of Karm, including her heart.

My Review:
First, I have to say, that Goodreads has it wrong, and I have it right. Unveiled is 0.5, not 1.5, because it is set before Fireblood, and it is most definitely published before Fireblood! So ha ha ha! I just wanted to say that, because it's a little detail that I know to be true-books set before others come before others, and there are only a few rare exceptions that I can't think of off the top of my head. Probably because I haven't read any. Yesyes.

Anyways. To my actual, real, review! I really enjoyed the world that was built between these two books, it was interesting, not particularly moral to current society's standards, but interesting, and fun to read about! Add in these characters, and wow, such entertainment!

Loved reading about Fallon, and how she plays a pretty important part in Fireblood, and yeah, they both do, and how while Zara wasn't in Unveiled, she's one of the most important players in the book! Well, of course she is, seeing as she's the main character!

I really enjoyed the plotting and scheming that the good guys did, and the training that Devlan put her through, that was pretty great! Add to that the ending, with the hope for the future, there were just a lot of excellent threads that came together for such a great book!

I really enjoyed both of these, and if there's a sequel, I wouldn't mind that, reading more about these people, and this world!

Author: Trisha Wolfe
Series: Fireblood #0.5, 1
Read: October 23rd, 23rd, 2013
Source: Tuebl, NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and they're Historical Fiction 2013 Books! And Unveiled is a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Trisha Wolfe, Spencer Hill Press
Published: February 18th 2011
Expected Publication: December 17th 2013

Unveiled:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Fireblood:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!