Saturday, October 19, 2013

Week 42 Review: Tempt the Stars

From Goodreads:
Being a goddess is a lot less fun than you might think. Especially when you're only a half goddess, and you only found out about it recently, and you still don't know what you're doing half the time. And when you've just used your not-so-reliable powers to burglarize the booby-trapped office of a vampire mob boss.

Yeah, that part sucks.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg for Cassandra Palmer, aka the Pythia, the freshly minted chief seer of the supernatural world. After all, Cassie still has to save a friend from a fate worse than death, deal with an increasingly possessive master vampire, and prevent a party of her own acolytes from unleashing a storm of fury upon the world. Totally just your average day at the office, right?

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book so much! It was a bit confusing, but there was just a lot going on, I just had to keep reading! I mean, it's Cassie, so of course there's a lot of situations that just keep coming and coming! She's getting closer to finding out that Dory's his daughter, yeah!

When she was with her parents in the past, that was, well, pretty much what you can imagine. Awkward, but wanting to have more, because we're finally spending some non-action time with her parents, and learning some things about them!

I think one of my most favourite scenes was with the flying carpet, and when they were breaking Pritkin out of the palace, that scene was just utterly hilarious! I just loved that scene so much, and I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Cassie gets herself in some pretty crazy situations!

I just loved that ending! She's going to work with Pritkin's dad, which is awkward in and of itself, to save Pritkin! And I can't wait for that! It took this book to get to a point where they could save him, now to actually do so!

I enjoyed this book, and now I desperately want more!

Author: Karen Chance
Series: Cassandra Palmer #6
Read: October 12th, 2013
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Enjoy this series, and it's a WoW Book!
Publisher: Signet Select
Published: September 25th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!