Saturday, October 26, 2013

Week 43 Review: Poison Princess

From Goodreads:
She could save the world—or destroy it.

Sixteen year old Evangeline "Evie" Greene leads a charmed life, until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future—and they're still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

But she can't do either alone.

With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can't totally depend on Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?

Who can Evie trust?

As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of twenty-two teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it's not always clear who is on which side…

My first review of Poison Princess
My Review:
Oh, wow, this book was just as good as the first time, if not more so, seeing as I'm going to know what's going to happen soon, because Endless Knight is out, so I'll be able to read it soon, so yeah, I'm excited for that!

I loved the back and forth narration, of Evie's journey, and her telling the guy her story, that back and forth. I knew where it was going to end up, but I just loved to read it again, because yeah, details were lost in my murky memory!

I just loved Evie and Jack together! They were unbalanced together, but somehow, they make things work. And I just loved reading that! Like his teaching her about the getaway bag to hold their treasures, and how he got worked up on teaching her that!

This world is complicated, and I know we've only touched the surface. Because of all those calls, yeah, there's going to be more, of course there's going to be more, this is the first book, and then there's Endless Knight, and I can't wait to get there!

This was such a fantastic, wonderful book! And yeah, my wait for Endless Knight is short, so I really can't wait for that!

Author: Kresley Cole
Series: The Arcana Chronicles #1
First Read: November 18th, 2012
Read: October 19th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Sounded fantastic, and it's a 2012 Dystopian book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: October 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!