Saturday, May 3, 2014

Week 18 Review: Torment

From Goodreads:
Hell on earth.

That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.

It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous.

What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

My Review:
I have to admit, I can hardly remember what happened in Fallen, and I only read it 3 or so months ago. Which is pretty sad of my memory, of which I'm pretty much used to by now, but it makes it just a bit harder to read this book, and then review it, because yeah, it's a series, and not the first book, so that makes it harder. But I'll try my best!!

So this book got me mad at Daniel, because he leaves Luce in the dark, and because of the truce, almost always leaves her alone, and that leads to that when he doesn't leave her alone, they got into fights. Add to that she's learning about her past lives, and about the cost of their love-her losing her lives, over and over, and the families were losing her, and grieving.

To that end, she visited the parents of one life, 2 or 3 back, and then a sister 1 or 2 back, though she only met face to face with the sister, and then saw her memories of Luce's death in her life, and yeah, that wasn't too fun for anyone.

We got to meet Miles and Shelley, and Ariadne was in this book a bit, so the world is getting bigger, but most of the angels and people from the first book weren't in this one, it was mostly new people, which was hard on Luce.

Yeah, while I do have complaints, I did enjoy it, and I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Lauren Kate
Series: Fallen #2
Read: May 1st, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: September 28th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!