Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 39 Review: The Betrayal of Maggie Blair

From Goodreads:
In seventeenth-century Scotland, saying the wrong thing can lead to banishment—or worse. Accused of being a witch, sixteen-year-old Maggie Blair is sentenced to be hanged. She escapes, but instead of finding shelter with her principled, patriotic uncle, she brings disaster to his door.

Betrayed by one of her own accusers, Maggie must try to save her uncle and his family from the king's men, even if she has to risk her own life in the process.


My Review:
This book has a lot of trying to find out what you want to do. I just wanted to really hurt them for their ignorance. They thought that they were so important because they thought the devil had come to them. Even if he might exist, I doubt that Mr. Evil would bother with a small hick town (or whatever it'd be called then) they were just stupid, and overraged. I'm really glad that they realized their mistake, even if it was too late for her grandmother.

I really loved the plot, and I wish that Annie could've died, but what happened to her, well, it was good enought.

And then there's the religious conflict. I really don't like people killing on the excuse of killing. Killing = bad. And that they think that they can, that kind of arrogance just is I-want-to-strangle-them kind of feeling.

This was just a great book, and I hope you guys get to read it!

Author: Elizabeth Laird
Read: September 27th-29th, 2011
Source: Library/NetGalley
Reason Why: I got it from NetGalley, and it sounded really great!
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Published: May 1st 2009
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!