Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 41 Review: Firelight

From Goodreads:
A hidden truth. 
Mortal enemies. 
Doomed love.

Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.

Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.

Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

My Review:
Oooh, ooooh, ooh! Such an amazing book! I loved it!!! What a wonderful plot, and I loved Jacinda and Will, and them together, and the unfairness of Jacinda's position!

I loved the idea of the Draki, descendants of dragons, and all the different types, and that Jacinda was the only one in 400 years to be able to breath fire, which is something that most people link with dragons. It was very neat!

I read this book so fast, it was so good, I was done in about 2 hours, I just had to have more! And such a pretty cover! I mean, the changing from face to scales? Plus the colours! I just absolutely love it!

If you haven't read this book, you've been hiding under a rock. Come on out and join us!

Author: Sophie Jordan
Series: Firelight #1
Read: October 13th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Needed to read it because it sounded really great!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: September 7th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I wanted just a little bit more about the draki life in this book but I really did loved the intensity of Jacinda and Will's relationship. Thanks for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but this book was mostly about getting away from the draki life, so unless there was reflections, then there wouldn't be much detail. Hopefully Vanish has more! And I loved it too! Aww, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!