Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week 43 Review: The Way We Fall

From Goodreads:
It starts with an itch you just can't shake. Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat. A few days later, you'll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they’re old friends. Three more, and the paranoid hallucinations kick in.

And then you're dead.

Then a deadly virus begins to sweep through sixteen-year-old Kaelyn’s community, the government quarantines her island—no one can leave, and no one can come back.

Those still healthy must fight for dwindling supplies, or lose all chance of survival. As everything familiar comes crashing down, Kaelyn joins forces with a former rival and discovers a new love in the midst of heartbreak. When the virus starts to rob her of friends and family, she clings to the belief that there must be a way to save the people she holds dearest.

Because how will she go on if there isn't?


My Review:
Loved this book! And here's me saying, again, that I hope that this never happens outside a book. Inside a book is fine, as long as it's not based on events that happened out here, because if it is, then humanity has a high possibility of being screwed. In books, we have a chance to make things right. Or things are more stacked against you then anything.

Loved how the virus worked, and some of the comments on it, that it was smart with the way that it worked, because if you want to "chat to strangers like they're old friends" then you can very easily spread the virus-the virus wanted to live. And it did pretty good with that.

Taking into account of the almost isolation of the island, we were pretty lucky that it started on an island, but I have a few questions, since Kaelyn wasn't exactly a scientist, she didn't really know how the virus started, she knows a bit of it's background, but I'm not telling why, just that it's important!!!

I loved that little bit that I mentioned, since it was such a small detail, and yet it was so important to the plot! Just excellent!

I loved this book, so check it out when it comes out, or were if you were lucky like me and got it as a netgalley ARC!

Author: Megan Crewe
Read: October 23rd-24th, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: It sounded really interesting!
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Expected Publication: January 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!