Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 41 Review: Fracture

From Goodreads:
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

My Review:
I really wanted to read this book, I did a WoW post on this book, because of the cover, and the plot! And both are amazing! I loved the plot, life and death choices, and the cover, so pretty! And the red coat!

I really loved all the hard choices and decisions that Delaney had to make, and what she went through because of being saved from death, and all the changes that got started because of that.

I really liked the mentioning of Le Mis, since that was the first play that I did, though I'm probably not going to read the book, since I watched the play multiple times while we were rehearsing (I was just a villager, and such. It was fun!)

Anyway, I really enjoyed all the relationships, either good and bad, and all the conflict with them, because it just added to the story, was the story.

This was an excellent book, so I hope you guys check it out!

Author: Megan Miranda
Read: October 8th-14th, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: It was a WoW book, which explains it-I wanted to read it!
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Expected Publication: January 3rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!