Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 31 Review: The Nymph King

From Goodreads:
Enter a world of dark seduction and powerful magic . . . enter Atlantis . . .

Females young and old, beautiful and plain crave Valerian's touch. None can resist his blatant sensuality and potent allure . . . until he steals Shaye Holling from a Florida beach and holds her prisoner in his underwater kingdom.

The cynical Shaye wants nothing to do with the mighty warlord, but she's inexplicably drawn to him. For underneath the warrior's arrogant beauty lies a complex and powerful man. A man whose caress is like fire . . .

Now Valerian must fight for the privilege of claiming her as his own. Because there's one thing Shaye doesn't know . . .

My Review:
Ah, this was a really great book! It was, I think, the last one that I read of this series the first time, because I simply just couldn't get a couple! I eventually got one in a Secret Santa, which was really great, because it's a Gena Showalter book, so I just had to have it!

I loved how Shaye was the only one, really, that fought Valerian's attempts of seduction. And and how another kidnapped lady, fended off another nymph's attentions. Because of course, the one that doesn't want to typical nymph treatment is the one for that Nymph!

Oh, that part where the dragons try to take back their castle, and what the gods did to them, yeah, that was just hilarious! So funny, I loved that! Because yeah, this is the book where the gods really became characters, so yeah, that was great!

Really enjoyed how this book ended, with Shayne writing poems that are all lovey-dovey, mushy, stuff, that are sold in the market, yeah, that was just fantastic! I enjoyed that a lot! And knowing that Layel's going to get his book next makes it all the better!

What a great book, and while I'm almost done rereading this series, I'm not sad, because there's always rereading!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Atlantis #3
Read: July 27th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Books
Published: February 1st 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!