Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 31 Review: Spellcaster

From Goodreads:
When Nadia's family moves to Captive's Sound, she instantly realizes there’s more to it than meets the eye. Descended from witches, Nadia senses a dark and powerful magic at work in her new town. Mateo has lived in Captive's Sound his entire life, trying to dodge the local legend that his family is cursed - and that curse will cause him to believe he's seeing the future … until it drives him mad. When the strange dreams Mateo has been having of rescuing a beautiful girl—Nadia—from a car accident come true, he knows he’s doomed. 

Despite the forces pulling them apart, Nadia and Mateo must work together to break the chains of his family's terrible curse, and to prevent a disaster that threatens the lives of everyone around them. 

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! I've enjoyed her other series, and yeah, this one is started off with a pretty incredible book! Such a great, well detailed world, and I really enjoyed how the system worked, you had to have the power, but then you had to work and use it, and the materials were strange, but cool!

I enjoyed all the mysteries that were going on in this book! From Mateo who just has something strange about him, and the friend that Nadia makes, and how she's connected-or not-to everything, was just awesome to read about!

Mateo did get on my nerves, what with his back and forth with her, it was annoying and likeable! But in the end, he was better then that in the end, and plus, it wasn't really his fault, it was her's, for the curse that's on the town!

Oh, that ending! That the bad guy was happy, well, that's never a good sign! But for the moment, they came alive, and mostly healthy, so that's a win, for now! More battles to fight, later, though! And I can't wait to read them!

Really enjoyed this book, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next book!

Author: Claudia Gray
Series: Spellcaster #1
Read: July 29th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Loved her Evernight series, and it sounded really good!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: March 5th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!