Friday, June 27, 2014

First Lines Friday #155, June 27th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

Since it's an anthology, I'll be doing the first lines from each novella!

"Jeremy Sunn stood next to the gazebo in the middle of the park and glanced around the festival to be sure no one saw him where he normally wouldn't be. Not on a Sunday off. Working undercover required patience, persistence, and...popcorn." -Just Bad Enough by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love

"It had become too much about the scotch, Cav admitted with brutal honesty. Too much about craving it to help him deal with a life where the shots called him, instead of him calling the shots."-Leave No Trace by Cindy Gerard

"Sometimes they went in with a flash and crash, but Lieutenant Gage Brewer always preferred stealth. And tonight, because the team's mission was to outsmart a band of Taliban insurgents, steal was the operative word."-Unstoppable by Laura Griffin

Oooh, such interesting first lines! Loving this book! And I'll have to check out these series from the 2nd 2 books! What about you guys? Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, good first lines. The first one grabbed my attention at the mention of popcorn. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know :) I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's writing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!