Saturday, June 14, 2014

Week 24 Review: Cast in Flame

From Goodreads:
Any day that starts with dragon arguments is going to be bad...

Kaylin returned from the West March in one piece. Now that piece is fraying. She's not at home in the Imperial Palace—and she never intends to be. All she wants is normal garden-variety criminals and a place of her own. Of course, normal in her new life involves a dragon as a roommate, but she can handle that.

She can't as easily handle the new residents to the city she polices, because one of them is Nightshade's younger brother. On a night when she should be talking to landlords in perfectly normal buildings, she's called to the fief—by Teela. A small family disagreement has become a large, complicated problem: Castle Nightshade's latent magic is waking...

And it's not the only thing.

My Review:
I desperately wanted to read this book, I recently reread the whole series, and after that, I pretty much obsessively checked NetGalley for when this book was to be put up, for, oh, a good 2 months or so. So when it went up? I was pretty shriek-with-happiness for a good 10 minutes. And then I read this book. And loved it!

I had 2 favourite parts-the place that would become her home, and the ending. Why? Because of course the place that Kaylin and her growing posse-her familiar, the small dragon, Belluseo, would be very interesting, in that it had to meet dragon court approval, and still be affordable for Kaylin. Yeah, that was fun, if Kaylin not being too happy in the beginning, that first visit to a place, and demands were made.

The ending! The thing that I've wanted for a while, it happened, but not in the way that I'd expect it to, and in a way, it's not what I wanted, and what I wanted, I know we have to get, but that's going to be way later, because we got this. And honestly, I preferred this, but I still want to see what I originally wanted, for the same reason I wanted to see it in the first place!

The last line in the synopsis, "and it's not the only thing" for me, was a bit misleading because of the previous line, mainly "Castle Nightshade", I expected one thing, and I got something entirely, something that was mentioned all the way back to the beginning, in Shadow, and from that beginning, I wouldn't have expected what happened, but yeah, it did, and the world just got just that bit bigger!

Hints for the title of #11: It's 5 letters long spelled the american way (which it is) and it's not a tangible thing like this one, Flame, or Shadow, it's a mix between Peril, and Sorrow, it's something some people have. And what it's going to be about, because yeah, I want more on that situation, and I'm going to have to wait for this book!! Head, meet wall, for the duration of the wait for this most wanted book!

Yeah, I really, absolutely, completely loved this book, it was worth all the anticipation, and I can't wait for #11!!!

Author: Michelle Sagara
Series: Chronicles of Elantra #10
Read: June 11th, 2014
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I absolutely love this series! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Mira
Expected Publication: July 29th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!