Saturday, June 21, 2014

Week 25 Reviews: Awaken Me Darkly, Enslave Me Sweetly


From Goodreads:
RIDDING THE WORLD OF EVIL, ONE ALIEN AT A TIME: THAT'S MIA SNOW'S MISSION.

Snow is in the forecast.

In a time and place not too far away, Mia Snow is an alien huntress for the New Chicago Police Department. Heading up her expert team of Alien Investigation and Removal agents, Mia's unmatched at battling the elusive enemy among us, and she's the perfect girl for the job. She's seen her brother die at the hands of aliens. She's earned each of her scars. And she'll die before she cries. Now, a series of killings have Mia and her partner Dallas tracking alien suspects -- but a sudden blast of violence leaves Dallas fighting for his life.

They are ice and fire.

The chance to save Dallas appears in the form of a tall, erotic stranger. An alien. A murder suspect. Kyrin en Arr, of the deadly Arcadian species, holds the power to heal the injured agent but not without a price. For Mia Snow, that price is surrendering to Kyrin's forbidden seduction...and embracing their electric attraction. She's walking a knife's edge, risking her badge and even her life. The closer she gets to Kyrin, the more Mia learns about her own heart, her human needs -- and the shocking secret that will shatter everything she's ever believed.

From Goodreads:
Eden Black walks among humans, protecting them from the murderous evil of other-worlders who abduct and enslave. And though she appears to be human herself, Eden is an alien, a Raka, distinguished by her golden hair and skin, and gifted with the ominous ability to kill without remorse -- and with total accuracy. That is, until the fateful night she has one shot to eliminate her target, a human slaver -- and misses.

"Failure" is not in Eden's vocabulary. Neither is "partner" -- but that's what she is forcibly assigned after recovering from her disastrous mission. A sexy, steely-nerved human agent, Lucius Adaire enjoys nothing more than sparking the fury -- and rousing the desire -- of the fiery female assassin too proud to admit defeat. Locked in an assignment they cannot afford to lose, Lucius and Eden find themselves bound in two high-stakes, heart-pounding games: the sensual web of kill or be killed, and the erotic dance of seduction.


My first review of Awaken Me Darkly, Enslave Me Sweetly
My Review:
Oh, I absolutely loved to reread these books! I mean, it's been 2 years since I've read them, and seeing as they were written by Gena Showalter, I knew that I'd love them all over again, and I did. Though I think this was the 4th or 5th time that I've read Awaken Me Darkly, because I read it before I joined Goodreads.

I love the romance in these books. And while it's not the majority of the focus like it is for the rest of the books in the series (Book 3 is where Gena made the switch to romance-focused, 3rd person) it's still there, and it's utterly captivating, and it plays in with the sensual suggestions of the titles.

One thing that I'm disappointed in, is that since Awaken, the whole half-human, half-alien kids plot line, has only been mentioned since that I can remember, and all it was, was a glimpse of Mia's brother. And I want more!

I love Eden's middle name, the swear word for sex, and Lucius's full actual name, it's so hilarious, and highbrow, and just so funny, how they were going to trade those secrets, and the sexual tension between them, just so freaking great!

Love these books, love this series, and yeah, I want to reread more, and I really hope that we get more Alien Huntress books, too, like Dallas's book!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Alien Huntress #1
First Read: June 18th, 2012, June 1st, 2012
Read: June 14th, 15th, 2014
Source: Own, Tuebl
Reason Why: Had to reread it! And it's a 2012 Dystopian book!
Publisher: Downtown Press
Published: May 28th 2005, June 6th 2006

Awaken Me Darkly:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars







Enslave Me Sweetly:

5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!