Saturday, June 21, 2014

Week 25 Review: Life's What You Make It

From Goodreads:
"She's everything I'm not and everything I want to be."

Sebastian Iron's life is spiraling out of control. Over the course of one week Sebastian witnesses death, runs away with his best friend's girl, gets kicked out of his English prep school and is banished to America by his domineering mother to repeat his senior year of high school.

In America, Sebastian struggles to find self-discipline and a purpose to turn his life around. He meets Tess Hamilton, the only person to show him any kindness in his new school. Little does he know, she is the savior tutor hired by his mother to help him improve his grades. The two slowly begin to build a friendship.

As their friendship blossoms, Sebastian begins to have romantic feelings for Tess. She claims to only want a platonic relationship, but Sebastian feels the undeniable spark that sizzles between them every time they are together. 

Forces beyond their control will either bring Sebastian and Tess closer together or tear them apart. 

Will Sebastian return to his old habits or find the strength to be the person worthy of Tess' love.

My Review:
I'll be honest, it did take me a little bit to get into this book. Mostly because the beginning was Sebastian in his wild days, where he wasn't making the best of decisions, and yeah, some bad things happened, to be the catalyst for being sent to America!

But then after that, yeah, that was when all the real good stuff happened! Like Sebastian and Tess meeting! Which was just so freaking awesome, I loved their meeting, because it happened a bit later in the book then it normally does! (Like, at the very beginning, instead of the middle/end of the beginning)

While I didn't catch it at first, this is an book that was set in the 80's, which was pretty cool, because a) I've never read one that has been, and b) I've never experienced the 80's, because I was born in the 90's, so yeah, there was that!

Then the romance! It did have a lot of conflict, being what it was, but still there was so much more things, and love, and caring for each other, falling for each other, and I can't forget the love scenes! What with his mom, being who she is and all, there was that conflict, too!

Yeah, this was a pretty great book that I enjoyed!

Author: Theresa Troutman
Series: Life's Great Adventure Series #1
Read: June 20th, 2014
Source: Literary Quill Promotions Review Copy for Tour of 2nd book
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Kia Ora Books
Published: April 28th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!