Saturday, July 16, 2016

Week 29 Review: Your Next Breath

From Goodreads:
SHE CAN RUN FROM THE PAST.
Catherine Ling created a brand-new life for herself, far from her rough beginnings on the streets of Hong Kong. But someone has followed her trail...and is playing a deadly game with her, striking closer to her heart with each blow. First, there's the death of the former prostitute who helped Catherine when she was still a child. Next, the CIA operative who had known her ever since she was pulled into the agency at the age of fourteen. And now Luke is in the killer's sights.

CAN SHE HIDE FROM THE TRUTH?

Luke is Catherine's only son. Kidnapped when he was only two years old, Catherine devoted nine years of her life to finding him-and she will not lose him again. Can Catherine, who has made countless enemies throughout her life, protect the ones she loves the most-including Eve Duncan, whose forensic skills were instrumental in freeing Luke-without putting her own life at risk? All she knows is that she will die trying...if the killer doesn't get to her first.

My Review:
It was just so enjoyable to read this book! I've really enjoyed reading about Catherine, and it was great to read another new story with her! And that it brought in a lot of characters-Cameron, Jane, Eve-that was a bonus!

To have a bad guy after you, and coming after you by coming after your loved ones? That is pretty much a nightmare scenario. And yet it happens to Catherine, and she deals with it pretty well! Like with Montez. I kinda thought that with his involvement, was because of Delores, and she could still be alive, or something with her DNA or something, and yeah, I really enjoyed how that all turned out!

I think one of my favourite parts of this book, were the memories that came up. Well, minus the bad guy's! His, just creepy and awful! But Jane's, with Toby, with Eve, those were really sweet, and just added more moments that they had that we didn't see when they happened, besides the silver mornings!

Really enjoyed that ending! It was deserved, and I enjoyed that with it, Jane was healing, ad better. She let go of Trevor, and he of her, and yeah, while it hurt, they both moved on, and the bad guy was ended, and that was just great!

I enjoyed this book so much, and I can't wait to read more of this, and the Eve Ducan series! And the Kendra series!

Author: Iris Johansen
Series: Catherine Lang #4
Read: July 13th, 2016
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her books and this series! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: April 29th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!