Saturday, July 30, 2016

Week 31 Review: The Sinner

From Goodreads:
I am a living ghost, a wanderer in search of my purpose and place… 

I'm a cemetery restorer by trade, but my calling has evolved from that of ghost seer to death walker to detective of lost souls. I solve the riddles of the dead so the dead will leave me alone. 

I've come to Seven Gates Cemetery nursing a broken heart, but peace is hard to come by…for the ghosts here and for me. When the body of a young woman is discovered in a caged grave, I know that I've been summoned for a reason. Only I can unmask her killer. I want to trust the detective assigned to the case for he is a ghost seer like me. But how can I put my faith in anyone when supernatural forces are manipulating my every thought? When reality is ever-changing? And when the one person I thought I could trust above all others has turned into a diabolical stranger? 

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book so much! I've loved this series from the beginning, and I've really enjoyed this second half of the series with her increasing abilities! Now the wait for The Awakening! Which is going to be pretty evil-there are a few big threads that will be tied up! And yeah, her relationship with Angus is better, if not as good as it was in the beginning, it is better than it was in The Visitor!

Taking place just over a year after The Visitor, this book continues the decent into darkness. Amelia meets another ghost seer which complicates an already completed situation where nothing is to be trusted, because all can be manipulated. Which just added another level to the terror/horror!

We learn more about the various secret societies-especially the ones that Devlin was obligated to join. Which really sucked, because they were in opposition to what Amelia is. The emotions are still there, but there's this between them, and it isn't going to be solved-or not-until the last book!

Really enjoyed this mystery! There were so many parts, and it was more like there were at least two puzzles going on at one time, and you had to figure out which puzzle the piece belonged to first before finding a place for it! Lots of complex and harrowing clues! So enjoyable to read!

Darius Goodwine was a part of this story, as well as his daughter, who has been in every other book, it seems. Hopefully, she's not in the last book, because after the events of this book, she deserves some time to heal!

I kinda thought that there was something else going on in the story of the deaths in the house she's staying up. There was just something hinky going on! So when that was all dealt with, yeah, another great part of this book!

Such a great book, fantastic ending, and there's still a good number of plot threads to tie off in the last book, and I can't wait for it!

Author: Amanda Stevens
Series: Graveyard Queen #5
Read: July 25th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her books and this series! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Mira
Expected Publication: September 27th 2016
/5 Hearts
/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!