Saturday, July 9, 2016

Week 28 Review: Live to See Tomorrow

From Goodreads:
Catherine Ling: raised on the streets of Hong Kong, she has been a shadowy CIA operative since she was fourteen years old. There are only a few things in life she cares for. One is her son, kidnapped when he was two. Catherine has only recently been reunited with him and the vow of her heart is never to let him face danger again. The other is her mentor, Hu Chang. Mysterious, brilliant, and deadly, Hu Chang taught Catherine everything she knows and she is loyal to him. Now Hu Chang is calling Catherine to a new task: rescue an imprisoned journalist in Tibet -- a woman who has been subjected to unspeakable horrors. Her connection to Hu Chang is unknown. What's also unknown is that Catherine will be going up against a man whose crimes have stretched back into this area for forty years. Is Catherine being used as a pawn by Hu Chang? Can she save a woman she's never even met? And will either of them live to see tomorrow?

My Review:
I just devoured this book! It's been a while since I read a new story about Catherine, and I just really enjoyed this one! We saw a new side of Luke, well, more like Catherine did, and I think that's going to be a good thing for their future! We were also introduced to some new characters!

The most interesting was Cameron, this guy who Erin, another new character, knew, and wouldn't give up his secrets under torture. And who Hu Chang knew. So of course Catherine went into the fray, and I loved how she got out of it!

Like I said, Cameron was really interesting. He has abilities, to communicate mind to mind, no matter the distance. And more that we don't know about, and I want to find more about! And there was a spark between him and Catherine, and I can't wait to explore it!

Loved how they beat the bad guy, it was pretty ingenious, and I just really enjoyed having those two taken down, they were really bad! But now we're left wondering about the group that Cameron is the Guardian of, and if the whole Shambhala is a real place or not!

I just loved this book, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Iris Johansen
Series: Catherine Lang #3
Read: July 8th, 2016
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her books and this series! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: April 29th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!