Saturday, July 9, 2016

Week 28 Review: My Lady Jane

From Goodreads:
For fans of The Princess Bride comes the comical, fantastical, romantical, (not) entirely true story of Lady Jane Grey.

Lady Jane Grey, sixteen, is about to be married to a total stranger—and caught up in an insidious plot to rob her cousin, King Edward, of his throne. But that's the least of Jane's problems. She's about to become Queen of England. Like that could go wrong.

My Review:
I just loved reading this book! It was just so awesome and funny, and I loved the authors little inserts about what really happened, some historical facts, and just the tone of voice combined with what they were saying, yeah, hilarious!

I really enjoyed how they changed history, with the magic, but still the two sides. And how Jane didn't die, and that Edward lived but abdicated the throne to Elizabeth, so Mary didn't rule besides that short time after she took it from Jane!

Jane was pretty awesome to read about! She was a reader, and she was smart, and she had a pretty interesting life-the curse on those who were to marry her for one! And then her husband, G, who turned into a horse during the day! Awesome!

The hilarity in this book, combined with the seriousness of the situation was a great balance to read. Combined with all the romances flying around, and these characters where are historical characters, but changing things around, yeah, made for a really great book! And that ending was really awesome, too, knowing how different it was from history!

This book was so freaking great, and I can't wait to read more by these authors-they're amazing!

Authors: Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand and Jodi Meadows
Read: July 2nd, 2016
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love all of these author's writing, and it's a 2016 Retelling Reading Challenge Book, Historical Fiction 2016 Book, SAC 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: June 7th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
/55 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!