Friday, April 6, 2018

Book Blogger Hop #26, April 6th

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, I relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: Do you overextend yourself with too many reviews because you can't pass up a book in hopes you will get them all done or do you carefully plan and be sure you can fulfill the deadlines for all the promised reviews? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

Oh, yeah, absolutely the first, too many books! There's always too many amazing, great, wonderful books that I need to read! I've even closed review requests because I'm so far behind. I'll never catch up, because unless I could pause time and read, well, there's always more books coming out!

What about you guys? Happy reading! 

8 comments:

  1. I recently closed to review requests too! Same reason- too many backlogged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's so many books to read! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. It is difficult to turn down books, but sometimes you just have to.

    Thanks for sharing your comments. Nice answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, technically I'm not turning down books, because I'm not open for requests :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I also just closed book review requests, though I still get contacted by requesters who seem to overlook that notice and want to send me requests either way! I love being asked to review books, but sometimes the deadlines build up and you have to remember to make time for yourself as well.

    I posted a more indepth response on my own blog if you'd be interested in reading it! :) http://inkblottings.com/book-blogger-hop-april-6th/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been fairly lucky and haven't been contacted since I closed book review requests. And there are just so many books to read! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I'm having trouble passing up books too!! They all look so amazing lol!! Hope we find our balance!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's so hard! A balance is hard to get, since I haven't gotten it yet! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!