Friday, April 20, 2018

Book Blogger Hop #28, April 20th

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, I relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: How do you organize your books for review? Does it work for you or have you had to change it? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

I'm a little unclear what is being asked about with the organizing. Like, physically organizing paperback copies of books? Organizing the reviews on the blog? I'm going to go with the later and say, I did used to organize the books I wanted to read in a week by each day, but I relaxed that to what I want to read in a week, period, so I had a choice of books to read, instead of forcing myself to read a specific book on a specific day.

This in turn affected my reviews, because they're scheduled in the order that I read them-starting at 10:00 on Saturday, and then every 5 minutes until they're all posted, which hasn't changed. The only exceptions are tours, which are scheduled during the week.

So I had to change my reading schedule but it didn't change how I organize my review post, because the former didn't work, and the later did.

But if it's the former? I have a headboard that I stack books in that I'm hoping to read soon. Some of them have been there for years. Opps. What about you guys? Happy reading!

Please leave links so I can comment back!

6 comments:

  1. I'm a spreadsheet user. I don't accept books for review during the school year, so my spreadsheet is what I've read with highlights for what I have yet to review. Happy reading!

    eli @ the (book) supplier
    My Blogger Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool :) I would never be able to pull the time away from reading to do that! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. The question is a tricky one! I organise my general 'books to read' depending on what review request deadlines I currently have. I have a schedule spreadsheet that lets me plot out the deadlines in order, so that I'm able to make sure I read the book by then. If there's no deadline, I take my time and read it whenever. I also try to make sure that I read books of my own choosing around requested books because I prefer the flexibility.

    Feel free to check out my Book Blogger Hop answer if you wish! :)

    - Charlotte (InkBlottings)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And there's so many books to read! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Your first response is what I meant.

    Sounds like you have a great system for getting your reviews written and for keeping them organized.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try, but I'm utterly behind on my review requests! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!