Saturday, April 7, 2018

Week 14 Review: Immortal Bound

From Goodreads:
Against the rising horde of the underworld, the gods have one weapon: Vee Shankar. Special Agent. Supernatural CSI. 

Beneath New York's cosmopolitan veneer lies a darker truth--a concrete jungle of the supernatural kind. But humanity is protected, their souls guarded by ancient and powerful Hindu Gods. 

The Shankars deal in death--demons, evil spirits, possessions, and even the odd rogue God or two. But Vee's power to read life essences is a gift and a curse. She's a Warrior of the Gods, but she's also in the crosshairs of powerful demonic forces. And from the shadows, dark things come, dogging her every step, threatening her every move. 

She doesn't know it, but Vee's power means more than just a quirk of her DNA. Her true identity is a secret better left untold. But as both her alliance with a mystery informant and her strange powers grow, Vee must confront a truth that will make her question her very existence. 

Before all hell breaks loose. 

Literally. 

My Review:
I was really hooked by the synopsis, I thought that it sounded very good. So yeah, I was really excited to read this book. Vee was a great character, smart and stubborn, and it was really great to read about her adventures!

I enjoyed this book, but it's not my favourite of her books. The problem was, that the Hindu gods, I don't know much about them, besides V and ish in their names. So a lot of names were introduced and I was totally confused, trying to keep track of them. Sure, most of them were mainly just mentioned, but still, they caused some confusion!

The relationship that Vee had with her remaining family, her grandmother and step-dad (though her mom's still alive, that relationship isn't as good) they were very tight knit, living in the same house. Of course the bad guys totally disrupt everything!

This book is only the beginning of the series, so there will be other mysteries to solve, thought hopefully not as personal as this one was, with her grandmother being kidnapped and her eventual fate. So yeah for more books!

This book was really good, it just wasn't the most wonderful book in the world for me. Which is OK, not every book is for every person!

Author: T.G. Ayer
Series: Aspara Chronicles #1
Read: April 6th, 2018
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Sounded really good and I enjoy her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Infinite Ink Books
Published: May 31st 2017
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!