Saturday, April 21, 2018

Week 16 Review: A Wolf Apart

From Goodreads:
When the Great North Pack is on the verge of falling apart, Pack wolf Elijah Sorensson wants to give up on his successful life in the human world to return home. But the Alpha says no--Elijah must continue to play his role to protect the Pack from those who want to destroy it.

Knowing he needs strength by his side, he seeks out human Thea Villalobos, a woman he's admired from the moment he met her. He hopes she can help him break through his human shell before the ailing wolf inside him dies, and before the Pack is betrayed again. But can Thea accept who and what Elijah really is? 

My Review:
I loved reading this book! It wasn't as good as the first, I don't know, maybe because Thea wasn't a part of his world, or because Elijah was off world, and we weren't immersed in this world of wolves like in the previous world.

You have to feel bad for Elijah, being in the human world is pretty hard, in multiple ways, physical, emotional, psychological, and that he's been doing it for so long, that he can't do it much longer. But he's told that he has to continue. That'd be hard on anyone! Though Silver berating him about using self-centric language, all the more reason he should come back!

One thing that I loved, was that we got to see Silver and Tiberius' cubs born! Which was pretty significant in multiple ways-because it means a change to the documents to add these new members, as well as other ways that I won't mention because spoilers! Plus, emotional moment, too!

I really enjoyed how everything worked out! From the suit that Thea was dealing with, to Elijah's work and coming home and all that, to Thea and Elijah's relationship! It took some work, but it made for a satisfying ending!

I absolutely loved this book, and I really hope that we get a 3rd book and more, because this world and Maria Vale's writing is so original and amazing!

Author: Maria Vale
Series: The Legend of All Wolves #2
Read: April 19th, 2018
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book in the series and this one sounded really great! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Expected Publication: August 7th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!