Friday, April 27, 2018

Book Blogger Hop #29, April 27th

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, I relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: Have you ever thought of writing a respectful, but angry letter to an author to ask them WHY they killed off one of your favorite characters in a novel? (submitted by Maria @ A Night's Dream of Books)

Nope. That's not really my thing. And while it sucks that characters die, well, it happens. It's sad, But usually has a point or progresses the plot in some way! What about you guys? Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. Exactly! I do sometimes get upset by how a character is being treated, but I remember that it's the author's work and the character is the author's property, so they can do as they please. Doesn't mean I always agree, but I would never write a letter demanding justification for the death of a character when the choice is usually made to progress the story itself.

    Feel free to check out my Book Blogger Hop answer if you wish! :)

    - Charlotte (InkBlottings)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Everything you wrote out there! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Great answer Louisa. Sometimes though some characters do die pointlessly, having said that I still wouldn't write to the Author.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, there are a few pointless deaths, but there's a lot of ones with a point :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!