Saturday, April 14, 2018

Week 15 Review: The Martian

From Goodreads:
Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first people to walk on Mars. 

Now, he's sure he'll be the first person to die there. 

After a dust storm nearly kills him and forces his crew to evacuate while thinking him dead, Mark finds himself stranded and completely alone with no way to even signal Earth that he's alive--and even if he could get word out, his supplies would be gone long before a rescue could arrive. 

Chances are, though, he won't have time to starve to death. The damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or plain-old "human error" are much more likely to kill him first. 
But Mark isn't ready to give up yet. Drawing on his ingenuity, his engineering skills--and a relentless, dogged refusal to quit--he steadfastly confronts one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after the next. Will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?

My Review:
This book was so great to read! I've seen the movie a few times (and parts of it, because it seems my family is always watching it) but this is the first time that I've actually read the book, and yeah, it was so fantastic! So much more detail! So great!

We get so much more in this book than in the movie (of course, books almost always have more, and thus, are better!) like the science is more complex and a lot more steps (accidentally making the HAB a bomb) so that was really great and so enjoyable!

Mark, of all the characters to be stranded on Mars by himself, is probably the best equipped. A botanist, so food. But more than that, he had an amazing collection of one-liners, of humour, that probably helped keep the loneliness at bay a bit longer. Plus, he was so great to read about!

Even knowing what was going to happen (I'm glad that the movie stayed pretty true to the book!) this book was still pulse pounding, from the accidents to the actions that went wrong, to the rescue, it was all so great to read! Loved it!

This book was amazing, and I just really enjoyed reading it!

Author: Andy Weir
Read: April 9th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: I've seen the movie and enjoyed it and I'm the last in my family to read it though I'm the reader, and it's a SAC 2018 Book!
Publisher: Broadway Books
Published: September 27th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!