Saturday, April 28, 2018

Week 17 Review: Bones to Ashes

From Goodreads:
Temperance Brennan, like her creator Kathy Reichs, is a brilliant, sexy forensic anthropologist called on to solve the toughest cases. But for Tempe, the discovery of a young girl's skeleton in Acadia, Canada, is more than just another assignment. Évangéline, Tempe's childhood best friend, was also from Acadia. Named for the character in the Longfellow poem, Évangéline was the most exotic person in Tempe's eight-year-old world. When Évangéline disappeared, Tempe was warned not to search for her, that the girl was "dangerous." 

Thirty years later, flooded with memories, Tempe cannot help wondering if this skeleton could be the friend she lost so many years ago. And what is the meaning of the strange skeletal lesions found on the bones of the young girl?

Meanwhile, Tempe's beau, Ryan, investigates a series of cold cases. Three girls dead. Four missing. Could the New Brunswick skeleton be part of the pattern? As Tempe draws on the latest advances in forensic anthropology to penetrate the past, Ryan hunts down a serial predator.

My first review of Bones to Ashes
My Review:

Yeah, I enjoyed reading this book so much! Sure, it's one of the last books that I know that she's with Ryan, but it also deals with her past with her friend that went missing, so yeah, that was different and I enjoyed reading it!

It has been a long time since I last read this book, about 7 years. So there was a lot of this book that I'd forgotten, like what her friend's family was hiding, and all the truth there, so yeah, that was really awesome to read!

Honestly, the whole idea that Ryan had to be with Lily's mom, no, I don't think that was needed. They really only should have had to stand together, they didn't need to try to be together. That just seems over the top, and I didn't like it!

The ending was pretty bittersweet, that they'd had these belief about lepers that was just outdated, and that she suffered so long when she didn't need to, yeah, that sucks. But the truth is out so she'll have treatment and yeah, that she and Tempe can have a relationship again!

This book was awesome, and I can't wait to reread one more book I think,m and then read the rest of the series!

Author: Kathy Reichs
Series: Temperance Brennan #10
First Read: June 4th, 2011
Read: April 23rd, 2018
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Pocket Books
Published: August 28th 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!