Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Years!!! 2014 Version

Uh. Epic fail on last years goals. Totally forgot them! And they're all pretty appliable for this year, so here they are again, edited for this year.

1. Like the past 2 years, just read. For fun, what I want to, and challenges, but if I don't enjoy a book, I put it down before it starts wasting my time. There are so many fantastic books, that if I don't like it, then why shouldn't I move on to the next utterly great book? I've read over 800 books for both of the last 2 years, but since this hopefully is my last year in college, I want to concentrate on it, so maybe 400 books. Maybe.

2. Blog regularly. Reviews will be a subset. I mean posts, having them up on time, in finished form, not the form of the meme, without the actual content of the day. I will set time out for this, it's important to me. It should be important to me. I like, need to set up a reminder, because I'll think I'll do it later, and then a year later, I haven't done it. Bad me!!!

2. A. Reviews. I'm so behind, it's not even funny. At. All. So, goal, is to write at least 4 reviews a day, till caught up, and trying to write the review of the book, the day that I finish the book. That way, my thoughts are nice and new, and I don't have to struggle to remember some character, or some important part of the plot, or funny little details! This will probably be easier if I have the posts all ready for me and all. Which I don't. I still have posts from August to do.

3. Find one new thing that I enjoy doing, be it finding more time to play cards, bowling, or whatever, something fun, so I can have what the parents refer to as "balance in my life" or something along the lines that I don't read as much as I do. I'm moving this to a "maybe" because I am really busy and all,

4. Catch up. Still things to do, still want to do that I just haven't gotten around to. Stuff like growing up adult-y stuff like a job and housing and such. Yeah. Those shudder-inducing plans.

5. Try and spend time with all family, immediate, and extended, extended is easier, and I was up to bi-weekly visits, and I want to keep that up, it was fun playing with the cousins and cooking.

What are your guys' goals for 2014? Hope you make them! Here's to a great  year, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!