Saturday, January 4, 2014

Week 1 Review: Starglass

From Goodreads:
Terra has never known anything but life aboard the Asherah, a city-within-a-spaceship that left Earth five hundred years ago in search of refuge. At sixteen, working a job that doesn't interest her, and living with a grieving father who only notices her when he's yelling, Terra is sure that there has to be more to life than what she's got.

But when she inadvertently witnesses the captain's guard murdering an innocent man, Terra is suddenly thrust into the dark world beneath her ship's idyllic surface. As she's drawn into a secret rebellion determined to restore power to the people, Terra discovers that her choices may determine life or death for the people she cares most about. With mere months to go before landing on the long-promised planet, Terra has to make the decision of a lifetime--one that will determine the fate of her people.

My Review:
I loved this book! Such an awesome book! I absolutely loved reading about Terra, the world aboard the Asherah, and yeah, it reminded me of Glow, which was one of my most favourite of books, and that was a good sign to come of this book!

While this didn't get to quite the level of Glow, it did become a favourite book, because yeah, it was just freaking good! I loved how Terra had to deal with what she she witnessed, and yeah, this world definitely was flawed, had it a lot of things wrong with it, and yeah, that's why there's a rebellion for Terra to maybe join!

I loved the characters in this book! I mean, they were really well developed, from her friend Rachel, to Koen and Van, they had depth, they do some good things, they did some bad things, but all in all, they were really quite great characters to read about!

The ending! It worked well with the rest of the book, it kinda broke my heart, but there's going to be a sequel to fix it, and I really can't wait for that, new places to see, potential new characters to meet, and yeah, just that awesomeness to happen soon!

I really enjoyed this book, and I really can't wait to read Starbreak!

Author: Phoebe North
Series: Starglass #1
Read: December 30th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: July 23rd 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!